10 Best Data Recovery Software for Mac 2023
The thought of using a data recovery tool is not good. However, since you are here, it’s apparent that you are looking for trusted and best data recovery software for Mac.
So, without any further delay, let’s learn about the best file recovery software for Mac using which you can recover any type of lost data.
10 Best Data Recovery Software for Mac
Losing data is everyone’s worst nightmare & when it comes true, it’s like everything around us is falling apart. With that said, things get worse when you lose files that have an emotional value, right?
This is when data recovery software, the only solution, comes into play. Here’s the list of the 10 best free and paid data recovery software for Mac.
|SL.NO||Name of the Data Recovery Software for Mac||Notable Features||Price||Compatible macOS||Latest Version||Rating|
|1||Stellar Data Recovery||
||Starts at $89.99||macOS X 10.11 and higher||18.104.22.168||4.5 Stars|
|2||Wondershare Recoverit Data Recovery||
||Starts at $79.99||macOS X 10.10 and higher||10||4.5 Stars|
|3||Cisdem DataRecovery for Mac||
||Starts at $49.99||macOS 10.11 or higher||6.4.0||4.5 Stars|
|4||EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac||
||Starts at $89.95/ month||macOS 10.9 and higher||13.5.5||4.5 Stars|
||Free||macOS X 10.5-10.14||7.1||4.4 Stars|
|6||Disk Drill Data Recovery for Mac||
||Starts at $89||macOS X 10.11.6 and higher||4.6.380||4.4 Stars|
|7||Data Rescue for Mac||
||Price as low as $19 (when you only want to pay for files that you want to recover), full license – Approx $400, excluding taxes||macOS 10.12 and higher||6.0.6||4.3 Stars|
|8||Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery||
||Free||macOS 10.5 and higher||2.2||4.3 Stars|
|9||Ontrack EasyRecovery for Mac||
||Starts at $85/ year||Mac OS X 10.7 and higher||NA||4.2 Stars|
|10||M3 Mac Data Recovery||
||Starts at $89.95 excluding taxes||macOS 10.8 and higher||6.8||4.2 Stars|
Top 10 Data Recovery Tool For Mac
1. Stellar Data Recovery – Best Free File Recovery Tool
Free trial – Allows recovering up to 1 GB deleted or lost data on Mac devices.
Compatible with- macOS X 10.7-10.15
Millions of Mac users, recommend Stellar Data Recovery as a top-rated data recovery software available for both Mac and Windows. The Mac data recovery tool comes in both free and professional versions using which users can recover deleted files from external hard drives, Mac, unmounted drives & corrupted drives. Not only this, the data recovery software for Mac helps get back different file types, including photos, documents, and videos, from a formatted HDD or even when they are permanently deleted.
- Recover files from emptied trash
- Restore data from Mac USB drive
- Preview files before saving
- Get back lost data from formatted partition
- Recovers Deleted Photos, Videos, and other Critical Files
- Recovers Data from APFS, HFS+, NTFS, ex-FAT, FAT(FAT16/FAT32)
- Scans and recovers data from formatted partitions and removable media
- Can recover data from crashed Mac when using Professional version
- Feature to repair corrupt photos is available only in the premium and technician edition.
Stellar Data Recovery Professional tool for Mac is a powerful file recovery tool to get back lost photos, videos, documents, mp3, and other deleted data.
2. Wondershare Recoverit Data Recovery – Best file Data Recovery for Mac
Free trial –Compatible with: macOS X 10.9 – 10.15
Recoverit is a data recovery software for Mac that’s easy to use. Designed by Wondershare, this Mac data recovery tool helps recover data from 100+ file formats and file systems like NTFS, FAT, APFS, HFS+, etc. Compatible with Mac using it, you can recover data from all devices or media considered unrecoverable.
- Get back deleted files from any media
- Restore photos, videos, emails, and other file types
- 100% safe file recovery tool for Mac
- Works on no data no charge commitment
- Free scanning and file preview
- Simple user interface
- The highest data recovery rate
- Annual subscription
- Preview feature could have been better.
Wondershare Recoverit Data Recovery is easy to use with the highest data recovery percentage. It has helped over 5,000,000 + users since 2003 to recover their lost important data.
3. Cisdem DataRecovery for Mac – Cost-Effective Data Recovery Tool
Free trial –Mac OS X 10.11+
Accidentally deleted important files or lost them due to a system crash? No worries, use the Cisdem Data Recovery versatile data recovery software for Mac and recover any file type deleted from your Mac machine or peripheral device. This Mac data recovery software offers 5 modes for different data loss situations and makes getting back lost or deleted files simple even for a beginner.
- No data, no fees
- Recover permanently deleted files
- Advanced file recovery options to help recover lost files
- Get back 200+ file types on Mac.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3 steps Mac data recovery process
- Free lifetime updates
- Incompatible with macOSX 10.10 and older
- Deep scan unable to recover names of the files.
Considering all the points, Cisdem DataRecovery for Mac is an efficient and user-friendly file recovery software for Mac users. IT helps deal with dreaded situations where you lose your important files.
4. EaseUS Data recovery – Quick, Simple and Free Data Recovery Software
Free trial – allows recovering data up to 2GB.
Compatible with – macOS X 10.9 – 10.15
EaseUS Data Recovery software has helped millions of Mac and Windows users to recover lost data. Using this Mac data recovery tool is a three-step job, scan, preview, and recovery. With this free data recovery software for Mac, you can recover any file type lost due to any reason. Moreover, to increase the data recovery capabilities on the machines built-in with a T2 security chip, EaseUS has developed safe data recovery technology, making restoring deleted and lost data quick and simple.
- Recover any file format from any Mac-based device
- Supports external media, HDD/SSD, fusion drive, SD Card, and other media
- Restore data from formatted drive, partitions, etc
- Search, filter, preview recoverable files.
- The free version allows recovering up to 2 GB of data.
- Restore data from the HFS+ fusion drive.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac
- Easy to use data recovery tool
- Can recover Time Machine backup, iTunes backup when using the paid version
EaseUS Data Recovery is a fantastic file recovery tool to recover any file type, even from a formatted partition, HDD memory card, etc. This tool specializes in disk recovery and recovering data lost due to complex data loss conditions.
5. PhotoRec – Free File Recovery Software for Mac
Freeware- Mac OS X 10.5-10.14
PhotoRec is a free data recovery software for Mac users. As the name explains, using it, you can easily recover lost images, videos, audios, etc. This means you can easily get back all the lost memories captured in photos that were either deleted accidentally or lost due to system crash or formatting. The data recovery software for Mac supports hard drives and a wide variety of peripheral storage devices.
- Restore lost images from the system, digital camera, etc
- Support recovery of motion file formats
- Restore data from all storage media drives
- Recovers photos from bad sectors
- Free to use data recovery tool
- Support various file types
- Compatible with different operating systems
- Command-line interface
PhotoRec might not be that easy Mac data recovery tool to restore pictures, audios, and videos but it is indeed effective and promise high recovery rate. It supports various file formats and is open source.
6. Disk Drill Data Recovery for Mac
Free trial –Mac OS X 10.11.6+
One of the popular and top names amongst Mac data recovery software is Disk Drill. It is a fully-featured, comprehensive data recovery software for Mac that offers advanced features. Using it, you can restore files from external media, smartphones, and other devices.
- Recover unlimited number of files
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Get back data from lost partition
- No need to pay if your data is not found
- Simple user interface
- The good data recovery rate
- Proactive data protection
- Extra features like disk cleanup, duplicate finder, disk health, etc.
- No telephone support
- Doesn’t recover file names.
Disk Drill is the best software to recover lost or deleted data on both Windows and Mac. It supports all storage media and file types.
7. Data Rescue for Mac
Free trial –Mac OS X 10.10+
Compatible with macOS x 10.10 and higher, Data Rescue is an excellent data recovery tool for Mac. It helps restore data from hard drives, external drives, SD cards, solid-state drives, and other devices. One of the best features of this data recovery software for Mac is that it lets you create a clone of your hard drive if you suspect that there are hardware issues on the hard drive.
- View previous scan results
- create a clone of the hard drive
- Different scan modes
- APFS support
- The free version allows data previewing.
- Email notifications
- Duplicate file recognition to save recovery space
- More expensive than some alternatives
- You will need a secondary storage media to scan and recover data.
Data Rescue is a straightforward file recovery tool for Mac that offers certain unique features.
8. Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery
Freeware –Mac OS X 10.5-10.9
Another free data recovery software for Mac is Lazesoft. You can use this Mac data recovery tool to restore files from corrupt disks, deleted partitions, and other devices. The tool even allows for recovering data from external devices. This data recovery software for Mac uses drive and file recovery methods to help recover OS X files that might otherwise be hidden from your macOS.
- recover deleted files
- Designed specifically for macOS
- recover lost data from memory cards, iPod, etc.
- Free to use Mac data recovery software
- Free unlimited recovery
- Preview files when scanning is in progress
- Different file recovery options
- Old user interface
- The interface is slightly dated.
- It may not be compatible when using the latest macOS version
Unlike other free file recovery software for Mac, Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery allows recovering an unlimited number of files with a preview option. This makes it the best amongst free recovery software for Mac.
9. Ontrack EasyRecovery for Mac
Free trial –Mac OS X 10.7+
Ontrack’s EasyRecovery is a data recovery software for Mac that can help application helps get back data from formatted disk, corrupted media, and data lost due to other situations. You can use it to recover any lost data, be it music, emails, photos, videos, or audio.
- Precise file recovery option
- Intuitive interface
- Scans internal and external drives; SSD, RAID, USB, memory cards, and optical media
- Repairs damages and corrupt photo and video files
- Quick data recovery tool
- Can recover from damaged optical media
- Repairs damaged and corrupted photo and video files
- Recovers up to 1 GB of data free
- Multiple versions make it challenging to find the correct tool
- Lacks advanced filters to scan for files for recovery faster
The Ontrack EasyRecovery tool is an easy-to-use tool, and it works well for both professionals and beginners.
10. M3 (now iBoysoft) Mac Data Recovery
Free trial –Mac OS X 10.8+
Compatible with recent macOS versions, M3 data recovery is free to use, and it supports different file systems, including encrypted APFS drives. Moreover, it can recover files deleted from your Trash bin.
- Safe way to recover lost data
- Recovers data from the unmountable drive
- Restore data from lost deleted APFS volume
- Rescue data even when Mac won’t turn on
- Recover 1 GB of data for free
- Scan and recover data from encrypted drives
- Updated frequently
- Crashes while still operating
- Slower than many other data recovery software for Mac.
- Recovery rate can be better
M3 Mac Data Recovery is a powerful data recovery tool with advanced features.
Data loss can take place due to any reason. Therefore, to avoid losing important data, taking regular backups is best. However, if the hard drive on which data is saved or the backup disk partition on which operating system is installed gets corrupted, then?
In such cases, the best data recovery tool helps. Using these tools, you can easily get back the lost data in time. The best file recovery software for Mac discussed in this blog will help restore the data lost due to any reason. The key to recovering as much data as possible is to stop using the disk and save recovered data on some other partition. Hope you like the list; please leave us your comment to share your feedback.