10 Best Video Editing Software for Mac in 2022
Since there are tons of video editing software available in the market, Mac users are looking for the best ones to edit videos.
So, here in this post for you, we will list down the best video editor software for Mac, followed by detailed information about each video maker.
Table of Content:
- Filmora Wondershare
- Apple iMovie
- Video Proc
- Movavi Video Editor
- Davinci Resolve
- HyperEngine AV
- Wrap Up
Best Video Editing Software for Mac in 2022
1. Filmora Wondershare – Best Video Editor for Mac
Price $ 59.95
A video editor for Mac that supports different formats, offers 300+ stunning effects, and lets you burn to DVD or upload to YouTube. Using Filmora Wondershare video editor in no time you can upload media files from all types of devices. Moreover, this best video editing software for Mac lets you create without limits. This means you can trim, split, crop, rotate, and can even join a clip easily
- Import videos from iPhone, GoPro, camcorder, and other devices
- Add text/credit to videos
- 300+ stunning effects
- Record anything, take snapshots, scan video clips, and edit them easily
- Superb video and audio editing.
- Wide range of plugins.
- Suite of tools for titling, filters, and transition effects.
- Many users have complained of lagging.
2. Apple iMovie – Best In-built Video Editor
Compatible with all Apple devices, Apple iMovie is a free video editing software for Mac users. Using this video editor, you can enjoy videos and choose to clip, add titles, music, and effects. iMovie even supports 4K video for stunning cinema-quality films.
- 13 creative video filters
- Create professional-looking videos
- Offers extra special effects to create action shots
- Built-in sound effects
- Wide range of spectacular templates.
- Easy user interface.
- Chroma keying and various audio tools.
- Advanced video editing tools such as motion tracking or 360-degree video editing are missing.
3. OpenShot – Open-source Video Editing Software
An easy to use and quick to learn free video editing software that lets you trim, fade, slide, bounce, and animate videos. Moreover, it allows for adding multiple layers for watermarks, background videos, audio track, and more. It is very easy to use and has been designed to provide a friendly platform for video editing.
- Trim & Slice
- Animation and keyframe
- Title editor, 3D animations
- Comes with curve-based time mapping.
- Frequent updates are released to enhance the user experience, such as adding the ability to recover previously saved work, keyframe performance enhancements, etc.
- Collaborate with Blender; hence there are various kinds of 3D titles.
- Users have reported lagging, freezing, and that the app quits suddenly
4. Video Proc – 4K Video Editor
VideoProc is a high-quality 4K video editing software for Mac and Windows users. It can be used to create professional trailers, presentations, podcasts, game reviews, etc. Moreover, using it you can remove noise from the video, correct lens distortion, and more. It also meets basic requirements, making it easy to edit videos.
- Preview videos
- Supports a variety of formats like MP4, FLV, AVI, 3GP, and WMV
- Lets you trim, edit, and merge footage
- Record live broadcast best for gamers
- 4K video editing from various devices such as GoPro, iPhone, DSLRs, etc.
- Minimal lagging.
- Exceptional output time up to 300%
- Some advanced video editing features are missing that you can see in other video editing software on Mac.
5. Movavi Video Editor – Popular Video Editor
Movavi Video Editor is designed for all those who want to share their sentiments via video. This best free video editor lets you create heartwarming videos flawlessly in just 20 minutes. Not only this, using it you can set the atmospheric filters that set the desired mood. Nonetheless, it lets you create stunning titles, stickers, transitions, and other things that make you feel like a professional.
- Cropping edges of a video
- Rotating picture, adding audio and video tracks
- Allows creating a slide show and can share direct output to YouTube
- Direct output on YouTube
- Easy video editing thanks to an intuitive interface.
- Inbuilt training module to make the learning of the tool even faster.
- Several advanced editing functions like chroma key, titling, motion tracking, etc.
- Video rendering is slow compared to many other competitor video editing software for Mac.
6. Kdenlive – Video Editor for Beginners
Kdenlive is a special video editing tool that supports unlimited multimedia files. By offering a special range of editing tools, Kdenlive helps in creating perfect videos. Although open source yet it is a perfect video editor and can be utilized by both professionals and beginners. Users who are looking for a simple video editing tool, Kdenlive is the right choice for you.
- Supports a wide range of media formats
- Provides creative video effects
- Special cartoon effects to give the video a new look
- A versatile video editing tool
- Open source.
- You can place multiple videos and audio tracks.
- Animated keyframing.
- Users have reported that multi-frame video editing with 60 FPS often renders a broken video.
7. Davinci Resolve – Professional Color Grading Editor
DaVinci Resolve is the world’s only solution that combines editing, color correction, visual effects, motion graphics, and other editing tools. Using this video editor, you can work with original camera quality images. It’s like having your very own post-production studio. Best of all, DaVinci Resolve makes you’re a professional and lets you work faster with high-quality images.
- Professional video editing software for Mac users
- Support 2000 tracks on a single system
- Powerful audio engine, immersive 3D audio workflows
- AI-based magic mask
- Industry-standard tools for finishing.
- Superb color correction and grading features.
- AI-based magic mask.
- Advanced features like noise reduction and editing higher frames per second or higher resolution videos over 4K are available in the studio (paid) variant, which is costly.
8. Blender – Best 3D Editor
Blender is a fully-featured, free and open-source video editing software for Mac. Whether you are an animator, game developer, VFX, or a 3D printer Blender will help all. This free video editor works on Windows, Mac, and Linux and is integrated with industry-standard libraries like Embree, Intel, and others.
- Digital sculpting, modeling
- Masking and Compositing
- Offers a wide range of efficient tools
- Integrated with multiple pipeline tools
- Free and open source.
- Animation, VFX, modeling, etc., can be done under one roof.
- Shadow caustics, light groups, volume motions blur, and many advanced tools.
- Not your regular video editor, and it takes some time to get accustomed to.
9. HyperEngine AV – Visual Effect Video Editor
HyperEngine AV is a free video and audio editing software for Mac. This multimedia authoring software helps capture, edit, organize, process, and export video, audio. With HyperEngine AV you can access an existing audio file from a disk and can record it onto a new disk. Given then HyperEngine AV also provided users with reference documents that store information about files being processed.
- Supports mov, MPEG 4 jpg, tiff
- Built-in QuickTime format translator
- Allows free editing of unlimited videos
- Offers 12 studio-quality effects
- Good for slideshows, displaying credits, section titles, and karaoke lyrics.
- Customizable fonts
- Studio-quality effects.
- Lacks advanced video editing features.
10. Lightworks – Quick Video Rendering Video Editor
Lightworks video editing software for Mac can be downloaded for free without a time limit. The program offers various input and useful editing options. When editing clips, you can use an unlimited number of video and audio tracks. Also, to speed up the task GPU is used this makes Lightworks fastest video editor.
- Various in-built effects
- Free video editing software for home users
- Offers screen capture feature
- Batch video editor
- Good support for multi-cam.
- Track-based timeline.
- Wide range of video formats are supported.
- Steep learning curve for beginners.
A bland video or a RAW unedited footage can take your viewers away from you. This is why you need video editing software for Mac. Hope that you’ll be able to pick a video editing software that won’t just help you edit videos, and add effects but will make this journey fun for you. This is the list of 10 best video editors for Mac. We hope you find this list helpful and will give these paid and free video editors a try. Do let us know which one you picked and why in the comments box. For more such content, keep reading Best Mac Cleaner.
FAQs: Best Video Editing Software For Macs
1. Which is the Best Video Editing Software for Mac?
We have curated a list of some of the best video editing software for Mac. For instance, Filmora Wondershare and Movavi Video Editor are some of the best video editor software for Mac since they are easy to use and come with both basic and advanced features for video editing on Mac.
2. How to edit videos on Mac?
Pick up one of the video editors listed in this post or install video editing software for Mac. Let’s assume you have chosen Filmora Wondershare. First, select the aspect ratio, create a new project and import the footage you want to edit. Organize your footage and place the video and audio files on the timeline. Cut, trim, crop, and apply other visual effects to your footage. As a part of finishing, you can even tweak color correction. That’s it; you are all set to export and share.
3. Does mac have free video editing software for mac?
If you are looking for free video editing software for Mac, you needn’t go elsewhere, and you can stick with Apple’s iMovie. It comes packed with all basic video editing features, gives you decent control of the audio, has 13 creative video filters, and has many other features.
4. What Features Should I Look for in a Mac Video editor?
The first and foremost thing you should see is that the tool should be user-friendly. Second, it should have essential video editing tools. Then you should also have complete control over audio editing as well. You should look for other aspects such as transition templates, plugins, color correction capabilities, etc.
5. What do most YouTubers use to edit their videos?
Apple’s very own iMovie is one of the most used applications to edit videos on Mac because it can be used by a non-professional video editor as well. Plus, it comes with tools like Chroma keying and several audio tools, making the task even easier.