How To Airplay From Mac to TV
Are you wondering how to AirPlay Mac to TV to enhance your viewing experience? You’ve come to the right place. In this post, we have listed a step-by-step guide on how to AirPlay from Mac to Apple TV to stream your content seamlessly.
Let’s get started.
What is AirPlay?
Apple AirPlay is a feature that lets you play music, videos, and other content from your Apple devices (like your iPhone, iPad, or Mac) on other devices like speakers, smart TVs, and receivers.
And here comes the best part. It works over Wi-Fi, so you don’t need any cables, and it’s really easy to use. All you have to do is make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and then select the AirPlay option on your Apple device to start streaming the content. You can also use AirPlay to mirror your Apple device’s screen onto a bigger screen, like a TV, so you can watch movies or play games on a larger display. And there are lots of devices from different manufacturers that support AirPlay, so you can use it with a wide variety of products.
Also read: How To Use iMac as Monitor In 2023
How to AirPlay Mac to TV?
NOTE: Not all TVs support AirPlay, so you’ll need to check your TV’s specifications to see if it is compatible. If your TV isn’t compatible, you may be able to use an Apple TV or other AirPlay-enabled device as a middleman to stream content from your Mac to your TV.
Before You Begin…
To use AirPlay, you’ll need a Mac computer and either an Apple TV box connected to your TV or a Smart TV compatible with AirPlay 2. Many recent Smart TVs from brands like LG, Sony, and Samsung support AirPlay 2, as do streaming boxes from Roku. You can check for an AirPlay 2 logo on the TV’s box or instruction manual, or you can look up the TV’s model number on the manufacturer’s website to see if it’s compatible.
Also read: 10 Best Video Players for Mac in 2023
How to Mirror Mac to TV?
The process of screen mirroring Mac to an Apple TV or Smart TV is slightly different for each version of macOS. Follow these steps to get started.
For MacOS Bir Sur, Monterey or Ventura –
To AirPlay your Mac to a TV on macOS Big Sur, follow these steps:
- Make sure your Mac and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the AirPlay icon in the menu bar on your Mac. It looks like a rectangle with a triangle at the bottom.
- Select your TV from the list of available AirPlay devices.
- If you want to mirror your entire screen on the TV, select “Mirror Display”. If you want to stream specific content, such as a video or presentation, select “Use As Separate Display”.
- Start playing content on your Mac, and it should now appear on your TV.
For MacOS Catalina or Mojave –
If you using macOS Catalina or Mojave then follow the below-listed steps to AirPlay Mac to TV:
- Tap on the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen and select “System Preferences”.
- Click on “Displays”.
- Check the box next to “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available”.
- The AirPlay icon should now appear in the menu bar. Follow the steps above to mirror your Mac to your TV.
- Tap on the AirPlay icon and choose your Apple TV or Smart TV from the menu.
- If you are using AirPlay for the very first time, you will see a display code on your TV screen. Enter this code on your Mac to start streaming.
You can also modify the display resolution settings from your Mac. To do so, tap on the AirPlay icon on the menu bar, and select “This Mac” or the name of your Apple TV or Smart TV.
How to AirPlay Mac to TV From Apps or Websites?
In some apps and websites, AirPlay can be activated directly from the playback controls. To use this feature, simply look for the AirPlay icon located near the playback controls of the video you are watching.
Once you find it, tap on it and select the Apple TV or smart TV that you want to AirPlay to. So, here’s how you can easily Airplay Macbook Pro to a TV.
This wraps up our step-by-step guide on how to AirPlay Mac to TV. AirPlay is a convenient and easy way to stream content from your Mac to your TV or other compatible devices. Whether you’re looking to mirror your entire screen or just stream specific content, AirPlay can help you achieve your goals.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you should be able to AirPlay your Mac to your TV with ease. Remember to check your TV’s specifications to ensure it is compatible with AirPlay, and enjoy the convenience and flexibility that this feature has to offer.
Was this post helpful? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section.