How to Uninstall Google Drive From Mac
Wondering how to uninstall Google Drive from Mac? If yes, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we have listed a step-by-step instructions on how to remove Google Drive from Mac easily.
Before we begin…
We’ll just take the next 30 seconds of your time to enhance the overall speed and performance of your MacBook. Download and install the Cleanup My System app from the Mac App Store to fine-tune your device’s performance in just a few clicks. Cleanup My System is a must-have utility tool for your Mac that helps your restore system speed and remove junk files to optimize speed and performance. This nifty app offers one-click care for your Mac to optimize overall performance and it even acts as a startup manager, app uninstaller, disk analyzer, privacy protector, and identity protector to keep your machine in tip-top shape and protected from potential vulnerabilities.
Get Cleanup My System
About Google Drive
Moving on to the subject, let’s talk a little about Google Drive.
Google Drive is a cloud-based file storage and synchronization service that allows users to store and access files from anywhere, anytime. It provides dedicated secure storage space to store important documents, photos, videos & other media files in one place and access them from any device. Google Drive offers a variety of features that make it a popular and useful storage & file transfer tool for personal and business use.
However, there might be several reasons why you may want to uninstall Google Drive from your Mac. If you have stopped using Google Drive or maybe you have switched to a different cloud storage service. Maybe you just want to free up a significant amount of space on your Mac. Hence, uninstalling it seems like the right solution.
In fact, Google Drive can sometimes slow down your Mac, especially if you have a slow Internet connection or are working with large files. If you find that Google Drive is affecting your Mac’s performance, uninstalling it can help.
Also read: How To Transfer Files From Mac to Mac
How to Uninstall Google Drive From Mac?
So, have you finally made up your mind about uninstalling Google Drive from your device? Let’s guide you through!
Step 1: Disconnect your Google Account
Let’s just start by disconnecting your Google Drive account on Mac. For this,you need to follow these steps:
- Click on the Google Drive icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Tap on the “Settings” icon placed in the top right corner of the Google Drive window and select “Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- In the Preferences window, click on the “Settings” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Disconnect account” section & click on the same.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you for your confirmation to disconnect your account. Click on the “Disconnect” button to proceed.
- Once you have disconnected your Google Drive account, the Google Drive icon will disappear from the menu bar at the top of your screen.
Note that disconnecting your Google Drive account from your Mac will not delete your files from the cloud storage. If you want to remove your files from Google Drive, you will need to do that separately.
Also read: How To Reinstall macOS Without Losing Data?
Step 2: Delete the Google Drive Application
Here comes the next step to uninstall Google Drive from Mac easily & safely. After disconnecting your account, it’s time to move the app to Trash Bin.
- Tap on the Google Drive icon, select the gear-shaped icon to open Settings, and then select “Quit” from the menu.
- Now, head to the Applications folder and look for “Google Drive”. Drag the app icon to the Trash Bin placed on your Mac’s Dock.
- Once you’re done, right-click on the Trash Bin and select the “Empty Bin” option.
Also read: How To Allow Pop-Ups on Mac or Unblock Them
Step 3: Remove the Leftover Files and Data
Well, here comes the final step! Once you are through with this step, you will be able to permanently uninstall Google Drive from your Mac. Follow these quick steps to get rid of the unwanted clutter and leftovers file of the app.
- To access specific folders on a Mac using the Finder, use the Command-Shift-G keyboard shortcut. This will bring up the “Go to Folder” box. Next, you can copy and paste the following file locations, one at a time:
- Once you’re done searching for all the associated Google Drive files in these folders, move all these data to the Trash Bin.
This wraps up our guide on how to uninstall Google Drive from Mac. Removing Google Drive from your Mac can be a straightforward process. Whether you’re looking to free up storage space, improve your device’s performance, or switch to a different cloud storage service, uninstalling Google Drive can help you achieve your goal.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily disconnect your account and remove the application from your Mac without any hassles. However, before proceeding with the uninstallation process, it is important to back up any essential files to avoid losing them.
Was this post helpful? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments box!