Best Mac Antivirus Protection Software 2022
When the market is packed with several antivirus software for Mac, it gets tough to choose the perfect match for your system. What is more annoying is the branding of antivirus as a free product, but as soon as you want the software to perform in the field, all they ask is upgrade. Little did we know that upgrading doesn’t mean many features or actual securities from deadly viruses?
Short On Time?
Key Points To Choose Best Antivirus For Mac
Now the question comes how to decide which antivirus app for Mac is worth considering and which ones should not pave the way. Well, we are providing you some critical points on whose lines we have rated the Mac antiviruses for the year.
- User interface: How a person lands on the interface and guides himself for the process is a critical feature to check. It is because it helps a new user to get his system protected patiently without any baffle of understanding the software alone.
- Smart malware detection: It is again necessary for a Mac antivirus app to detect all kinds of malware, especially those that are threatful to the Mac system. The real purpose of antivirus is sorted.
- Additional features: Believe it or not, everyone wants more than just being highlighted. Similar is the case with the best antivirus for Mac. We have made sure that the software listed here has additional features for you.
- Robust customer support: When you are stuck with software, you certainly don’t want to wait for too long to get the query resolved, right? This is why you need a good customer service record for a good Apple antivirus.
Also Read: Best Anti-Malware Software For Mac
Top Mac Antivirus
1. Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac
There are multiple reasons why Bitdefender antivirus for Mac is placed at the top. Not just us, many other testing labs have given out positive feedback for the product. The multilayer ransomware protection, anti-tracker extension, and ability to keep your privacy intact are some of the features that couldn’t be ignored.
When it comes to extended features, you will find adware blocking and removal, fast and anonymous VPN, protection during browsing experience, and anti-phishing features. Time Machine Protection keeps a backup of files if an attack on the system takes place.
● Cross-platform malware detection
● Ultra-fast scanning modes
● Firewall is missing from the tool.
2. Intego Mac Internet Security X9
Covering 5 devices at a time, Intego is keeping systems secure for more than two decades now. Its ease of use and accuracy with scanning make it stand apart from the other market products. Firewall protection and anti-phishing protection makes sure that you are keeping yourself safe online during browsing.
Even if any other third-party app in the system tries to get into the privacy settings, Intego makes sure that you stay safe, and this is why we can call it the best antivirus software for Macbook.
● Quick and accurate virus scanning process.
● Easy to understand and use.
● May show glitches with performance.
3. Sophos Home Free
Who wouldn’t want to have a lightweight Mac antivirus which could not only keep the system resources controlled but also saves you from threatful viruses in the system? This antivirus app for Mac offers parental website filtering so that they can block inappropriate websites that their kids must avoid.
With that, it lets you keep a safe distance from infections with real-time antivirus protection and has been approved by independent labs already. As its installation and setup process is quick and easy, you can easily navigate other options from the interface itself.
● 3 devices could be protected with this free Mac antivirus.
● A plethora of extended features that are suitable for family use.
● Customer support lags in the free version.
4. Norton 360 Deluxe
Those who keep multiple devices can rely on Norton 360, which is indeed one of the best antiviruses for Mac for years now. Yes, it supports 5 devices at a time while scanning and removing viruses from them in an intelligent manner. The features that make it respectful in the market are antivirus protection, firewall, parental controls, and even cloud backup.
Moreover, this Mac antivirus software gives you different options to pick from the plans. Although it looks a little pricey than other tools, Norton has always made its name in the security front, so the deal is still good to go for!
● System cleanup for unwanted files.
● Two-way firewall to avoid any chances of leakage.
● Webcam protection and parental controls are only for Windows users.
5. ESET Cyber Security For Mac
Another lightweight Mac antivirus that makes sure that your machine is not only protected from threats but also running smoothly is ESET. It keeps an eye on malware, viruses, ransomware, spyware, worms, and multiple other threats that can infect the system by any means and crushes them instantly.
This isn’t it. Another reason why we call it a useful antivirus app for Mac is because it is light on the system, works quietly without ad pop-ups, and stops hackers from invading the system. Moreover, you can adjust the number of devices for protection before finally checking out.
● A comprehensive security suite for your Mac.
● A simple interface, and this Mac antivirus is very easy to use.
● Scanning speed is a little slow when compared with other tools.
6. Kaspersky Internet Security For Mac
Apart from scanning your system for malware and keeping it safe from future attacks, Kaspersky has a lot more to offer. You can easily make online transactions without the fear of data leak, use VPN and keep your kids safe from inappropriate websites as a parent. This whole suite is a perfect Apple Mac antivirus software.
Kaspersky has proven its worth in many independent testing labs and has proved to be 100% effective in all the ways. The best part, you get a 30 days free trial and easily block web tracking and banking attacks.
● Comes with other bonus tools to keep your Mac safe.
● Excellent network protection
● Webcam protection is limited to Windows users only.
7. Airo Antivirus For Mac
Dedicated to Mac users, Airo antivirus is once again a whole suite for best antivirus for Mac. Airo makes sure that even before a trouble flutters around your Mac, it shoots down instantly. Real time virus detection and prevention features keep scanning your system more than a thousand times a day and silently keeps working when other programs are running.
What makes it the best antivirus for Macbook Pro is its powerful AI technology which simply grows smarter each day. This makes your data absolutely safe from hackers and keep the malicious threats at bay.
● User interface is very simple and easily navigable.
● Count it in one of the best lightweight antivirus for Mac.
● Expensive when compared with others.
8. Total AV
Serving all the platforms like Windows, Android and Mac in a robust manner, Total AV stands amazing for Mac. This free Mac antivirus neither consumes your time in installing nor killing the threats around. Apart from the same, it scans our duplicate and junk files and throws them away to make the system optimized.
Let this Apple antivirus scan out the system using quick scan or full scan, which is by the way very fast, and get free from negativities.
● Provides solid protection from phishing.
● List of optimization tools keep your system running smoothly.
● Full scan may take more time than unusual.
Also Read: How To Delete Cache On a Mac
9. Avast Security For Mac
This free antivirus app for Mac has added security measures apart from the malware threat. A password manager, external drive scanner and website blocker are some additional features that make Avast a popular antivirus and a perfect suite. Any email which could be a potential threat is taken down by Avast for your goodness.
● Excellent device protection from minor to major threats.
● VPN and anti tracking software included in the suite.
● Avast was found stealing data from users and selling it to companies like Google.
10. McAfee Antivirus Plus
McAfee has made its strong place in the world of security for years now. Interestingly, you can extend the protection feature for your whole family of Macs. However, you will find that there hasn’t been a lot update on the status of new malware and threat with McAfee, people trust it because of its legacy.
● Reasonable prices for a family of systems.
● Strong firewall to accompany.
● System may face slowdown when running a full scan in the system.
FAQs: Mac Antivirus Software 2020
1. Can Macs get viruses?
We believe that Mac systems are very secure and cannot get viruses but it is not the truth. Macs can catch viruses in the same way as PCs although the chances are low.
2. Do I need virus protection for Mac?
A system needs to stay secure from viruses and any of the best antivirus protection software can stand true for it.
3. What antivirus software does Apple recommend?
Although Apple comes with its in-built virus protection called X-Protect which is capable of updating itself in order to wipe out all the potential threats.
4. What is the best free antivirus for 2022?
Bitdefender could be considered as one of the best antivirus for Mac. Those looking for free antivirus software, Sophos Home could be your answer.
After learning about all of Mac’s best antivirus, we recommend you try your hands on Bitdefender antivirus for Mac for sure. When you wish to expand your space from this level, you can always stick to Sophos Home Free or Malwarebytes, who have been competing strongly in the field like a pro.
Although we cannot deny Norton’s legacy as well, you need to sort the right plan for yourself amongst the list of subscription plans. However, we have covered the list considering user interface, smart malware detection, and customer support base.
What’s your opinion? Or which one would you like to choose for yourself now? We would like to know your views in the comment section below to learn more about Mac’s antivirus apps.